Certified psychotherapeutical course in the field of Logotherapy
(Specialisation in Integral Psychotherapy: Noo-psychotherapy)
Under scientific guidance of Prof. Assoc. Dr. H. C. Kazimierz Popielski (www.kazimierzpopielski.pl)
Aim of the course:
Acquiring knowledge regarding the basics of theoretical and psychotherapeutic methods in the field of Logotherapy (the Third Viennese School of Psychotherapy) with a specialised focus on Integral Psychotherapy: Noo-Psychotherapy. The training program is based on the original program of K. Popielski – foundator of Noo-psychotherapy.
- Intended effects and skills gained on the Course:Persons attending will acquire the ability to use the knowledge and practice of psychotherapy in the use of specific methods of working with patients with problems of an existential nature. The scope of the program includes a multi-dimensional understanding of human existence, its problems, and the search for a comprehensive counseling and psychotherapy in the diagnosis and treatment of noo-psychosomatic problems.
- The course takes place on a weekly hourly basis from Monday to Friday. Training dates will be given in the training schedule.
- Course program includes 45 hours of lectures and practical workshops. The course leads to a certificate of completion regarding the knowledge of the basics in the field of “Logotherapy”, with the specialisation “Integral Psychotherapy: Noo-psychotherapy”. This will authorise participants to use their theoretical and practical knowledge when working with patients.
- The course is aimed at psychologists, psychotherapists, psychiatrists, teachers, doctors, and nurses. In the basic education, a master’s degree or an equivalent degree is required.
Program Course Outline:
- Theoretical basis of introducing the issues of V. E. Frankl’s Logotherapy, integral psychotherapy and the Noo-psychotherapy of K. Popielski.
- Categories of existential human functioning: I have to, I want to, I should, I can. Norms, problems, therapy.
- The proposal of working with a patient according to the rules of noo-psychotherapy – with a particular focus on existentially significant experiences (negative and positive) and the existentially important feeling.
- The specificity of the phenomena of human existence: freedom, dignity, responsibility, meaning of life, values, noetic maturity, etc.
- The problem of neurosis: definitions neurosis, axial symptoms of neurosis, specific disorders neurosis.
- Noogenic neuroses: symptoms, types, causes, therapy.
- Noo-logotharapeutic techniques: dereflexion, paradoxical intention, attitudes modulation, Socratic dialogue.
- Concepts and symptoms: existential frustration, existential emptiness, boredom, loss of sense of life.
- Original methods of K. Popielski of working with patients: Methods of analysis of existential concepts, development and integration, inheritance and dispute, the vicious circle of anxiety.
- Psychological scales to research health problems and noo-psychosomatic disorders.
National and international courses in the field of Noo-Logotherapy held by Prof. Dr. h. c. Kazimierz Popielski:
- 1980/1982 – Course in Noo-Logotherapy, organised by the Polish Society of Mental Hygiene, Warsaw, Poland
- 1989 – Training for addiction psychotherapists in the field of Noo-logotherapy at the Centro Italiano di Solidarietà in Castel Gandolfo, Rome, Italy.
- 1992 – Psychotherapeutic training in the field of “Counseling and existential-cognitive psychotherapy ” at the convention of the Polish Psychiatric Association. Krakow, Poland.
- 1994 – Lectures and training in Noo-Logotheory and Noo-Logotherapy, Brno, Czech Republic.
- 1996 – Lectures and training in Noo-Logotheory and Noo-Logotherapy, Prague, Czech Republic.
- 1998-2000 – Course in the field of Noo-Logotherapy. UT, Trnava, Slovakia.
- 2000-2001 – Course in the field of Noo-logotherapy. Krakow, Poland.
- 2000-2001 – Course in the field of Noo-logotherapy at the Catholic University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland.
- 2001-2003 – Course in the field of Noo-logotherapy. UT, Trnava, Slovakia
- 2007-2010 – Course in the field of Noo-logotherapy. UT, Trnava, Slovakia
Feedback from participants:
We would like to express our praise.
Meeting with the Rev. Professor in September last year in an intimate group at your Institute left a lasting impression in my work and in my entire life and also influenced the quality of my life during the health problems that affected me after surgery.
From my part, I would like to point out the importance of the field and of the noetic perspective of human functioning during numerous recent training for teachers I conduct. And people want to talk about it!
Thank you for this encounter, which was for me a very important life experience.
We would like to express our praise.
The logotherapy training in Warsaw is inspiring. We look forward to the second part of the course in order to be able to get to know this school of psychotherapy in its entirety. It seems to us that the therapy of human spirituality is important. Focusing on the psyche and soma we are losing something that distinguishes the human being and makes it human – spirituality and, what follows, values.
Dr. David Misiak
Dr. Dorota Zawadzka (Warsaw)
Thank you very much for the logotherapy training. It was a great experience for me. It allowed me to organize existing ethical and general medical knowledge. I am certainly looking at patients with neurotic symptoms differently now, and maybe I can help them better.
Again, thank you for giving me the chance to take part in the training.
Med. doctor Maria Augustyniak (Sopot)
Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and much more together. The two days I spent in your presence will remain an unforgettable experience for me. I am touched and moved. I feel envy when thinking of this personal, intimate relationship between teacher and pupil I could only dream about when I was a student.
I work in a psychiatric hospital in Tworki, in ZOL-in, where patients often stay for years, most of them elderly and suffering from constant psychotic symptoms or growing dementia problems.
It would be an honor to stay in contact with you via email.
Ewa Gniewek (Warsaw)
I wanted to thank the Reverend Professor for the lecture at the Institute of Biofeedback and Noo-psychosomatics. Amazing experiences that I retained from the course helped me during student practice even greater understanding of meaning of life and existence.